I am excited to be able to join a fun blog tour today! This time I get to mash up and play around with The Paneled Sunsuit by Call Ajaire . Oh Ladies, seriously you could make a new outfit everyday for a month and never look the same with this pattern. Thats how many option are included! What’s also great is it comes in a LARGE size range, newborn to 12yrs.
I mentioned this on my last Blog post that I have been letting my daughter pick out the fabric and pattern for each Blog Tour I do. So with this one I let her pick out the Fabric and together we decided on how to play with the Paneled Sunsuit. She wanted a maxi skirt after seeing several from Jak& Pepper and also from a few maxi skirts that I have from Abercrombie & Fitch. I choose to pair the skirt with a cropped , blousy version of the Sunsuit Top.
Here is what I did for the skirt:
- Individual Maxi Skirt with elastic waistband
- Made a size 10 but a 12 length so she could wear it over her waist to cover her tummy
- Cutting- I cut the skirt wider then the pattern piece for both front and back (see picture below).
- Flared the skirt out at the same point as the pattern piece
- Finished look was a tulip shape
Here is what I did for the Top
- Individual Top
- Made a size 10 overall
- When cutting, I cut the top wider – 3″ wider, at the hem, then the original pattern piece
- I am also cut the hem at a straight line (see pic below)
- I only used the front and back pattern pieces, no liner
- Used bias tape around armhole- Facing method
- Cut 2 Top Front and Back and sandwiched the strap between the two.
- Straps tie at shoulder
- Added trim-fringe Fun!!!
(Don’t you love my Halloween Tape- that is what happens when your kids steal all your tape)
Call Ajaire is offering 15% off Paneled Sunsuit during the Blog Tour. You can use the code SUNSUIT15 both at UpCraft Club and Etsy through the 7th of September. To sweeten the deal even more you can join Designs by Call Ajaire Facebook group to received a discount code for 20% off!!!
There also a chance you can win the pattern… Check out the Rafflecoptor
Arizona Collection by Art Gallery and April Rhodes
Thank you Ajaire for having me along the Blog Tour!! It was a pleasure to sew up one of your patterns!!!
Here is the full line-up for the tour.
Monday August 31st: Sew Cool for the Tween Scene | Kadiddlehopper | Imagine Gnats | Nap Time Creations
6 thoughts on “The Paneled Sunsuit “It’s not Just a Sunsuit” Blog Tour”
They look lovely with the alterations! I love the blousey feel of the widened bodice. Thanks for being on tour with us! 🙂
Thank you so much for the fun blog tour and have me apart of it!!
Serious skirt envy happening here!
Awe 🙂 . thank you!!!!
Oh Alexis it is gorgeous! I love that it looks like a dress but is separates. I am definitely going to have to make a swingier version now.
Thank you so much!!!!! Yes, please try it!!